After our little guide to the ideal soap, it seemed obvious that a little guide was needed for the next step in your skincare routine: the hydrosol! This condensate is obtained at the same time as the essential oil of the plants, by steam distillation. It contains the water-soluble elements of the plants and a very small part of its essential oil. This is an essential step in your skin care routine, as hydrosols purify, soothe, tone and prepare the skin for serum or cream. In fact, the hydrosol (or any source of moisture!) allows the skin to absorb your cream, serum or oil. It is absolutely necessary for a good absorption of these products!
They are therefore ideal moisturizing lotions for the skin. Similar to our soaps, some hydrosols are more suitable for a certain skin type. We've created the following list to make it easier for you to find hydrolats by skin type!
For normal skin
- Damask Rose (Rosa damascena) : Astringent and tightening, this hydrosol prevents and fights against the signs of skin aging, in addition to soothing the skin. It also calms skin allergies, irritations and eye pain. It is an essential humectant that retains moisture very well. It is ideal for skin with couperose, rosacea or eczema and for dry or mature skin.
- Neroli (Citrus aurantium ssp. amara) : This hydrosol restores radiance to the complexion, as well as soothing and gently refreshing the skin. It is also ideal for dry or mature skin.
For combination to oily skin and acne
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) : This hydrosol restores skin tone and stabilizes oily and acne-prone skin. Purifying, it helps to reduce impurities, unclog pores and fight against the effects of aging.
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) : Known for its regenerative effects on irritated skin, it is astringent and an excellent toner for all skin types. Purifying, it cleanses, softens and reduces the small imperfections of the skin. It helps to fight against the appearance of wrinkles, in addition to being soothing and healing. It can also be used as a spray after a day in the sun.
- Geranium (Pelargonium x asperum "Bourbon") : Astringent and purifying, this hydrosol is an excellent skin balancer. It calms skin discomforts, in addition to being a skin soother and an exceptional anti-inflammatory. It is also ideal for skin with couperose, rosacea and eczema.
For dry or mature skin
- Italian Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum) : A powerful anti-hematoma and anti-inflammatory, it reduces redness, dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. It is soothing and relieves itching. It is also suitable for mixed to oily skin and acne.
For rosacea and eczema
- Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) : An excellent facial care, it calms irritation, couperose, acne and redness. It is particularly appreciated for its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties on the skin.
After cleansing and the application of your hydrolat, only one important step is missing: the serum! Several serums are offered at Savonnerie des Diligences : our serum #13 without essential oil, our serum #18 with geranium and hô wood, and our serum #21 with argan oil and rose hip.