Everyone has a completely different skin type. In fact, a product that works well for one skin type may not necessarily work the same way for another! That's why it was important for our soapery to create soaps that would be suitable for sensitive skin as well as for combinatio nskin, oily skin and dry and mature skin! To make it easier for you to find your ideal soap, we have created the following list with several of our soaps classified by skin type with their many properties. Enjoy reading!
For all skin types and for sensitive skin:
First of all, for this type of skin, several soaps are ideal for cleansing and gently removing impurities.
- Mère-Grande soap (Lavender, Shea and Calendula) : Specially designed for sensitive skin like babies, this soap contains the least amount of essential oil and moisturizes the most, thanks to the addition of shea butter. It is comforting, like a big hug for the skin, even for skin that suffers from eczema. A must-have!
- The Chocolate Maker (chocolate) : The antioxidants in cocoa help moisturize the skin and give it elasticity and radiance. It increases blood circulation, while remaining a first choice for delicate, sensitive and reactive skin. Cocoa has many properties: it is a powerful antioxidant that tones the skin and stimulates blood circulation, in addition to being comforting and invigorating with a delicious chocolate smell!
- Septentrion soap (cocoa butter and Labrador tea): Made from a maceration of Labrador tea, calendula, and a touch of cocoa butter, this essential oil-free soap is ideal for pregnant and nursing women and children. It's also 100% vegan and fantastic for skin with rosacea or eczema.
- Capricious face soap (sunflower): This natural soap is an ultra soft caress for the skin! It is nourishing, full of vitamin E and without essential oils. It is also excellent for skin with couperose, rosacea or eczema.
- Miss Clairefontaine (lavender cream): This soap for body, face and hair is ultra-moisturizing, with the main ingredient, lavender, acting as a soothing oil for sensitive and reactive skin. With a creamy and velvety texture, it is an excellent soap for preventing head parasites or for your outdoor activities.
For combination to oily skin and acne:
Next, for this skin type, it's ideal to go for a soap that cleanses deeply while decreasing sebum production and preventing acne breakouts.
- The Mermaid (marine mud and grapefruit) : This marine mud soap is ideal for this type of skin thanks to the marine mud, which, combined with the essential oil of grapefruit, regenerates the tissues, remineralizes and rebalances the skin. This soap is also very useful to stabilize the sebum of the skin of teenagers. It is fabulous for calming acne on the back!
- Happy face soap (sunflower) : Slightly astringent, this soap regulates the oils in the skin. Use it as a daily facial or shaving soap.
- The Queen Bee (all honey soap) : This soap is softening, nourishing and an excellent choice for body, face and hair. It contains no essential oils and the natural antibiotic properties of honey give this soap its skin repairing powers.
- The Fur Trader (Balsam Fir) : This balsam fir soap is a man's favorite! It is astringent and perfect as an outdoor soap. Plus, its essential oil is distilled right here in the Eastern Townships! A true happiness in bar!
For dry or mature skin :
Finally, for dry or mature skin, it is ideal to go for a soap that gently cleanses and moisturizes while removing possible impurities.
- Mama Karité (shea) : A plain soap with 50% fair trade shea butter from Mali and no essential oils, it is especially loved by skin that tolerates little to nothing. Its creamy, rich and velvety foam makes the soap moisturizing for the skin.
- The Chocolate Maker (chocolate): The antioxidants in cocoa help moisturize the skin and give it elasticity and radiance. It increases blood circulation and contains several properties of cocoa: it is a powerful antioxidant that tones the skin and stimulates blood circulation. It is comforting and invigorating with a delicious chocolate smell!
- Radiant face soap (sunflower) : Radiant soap is ideal for dry and highly reactive skin since it is moisturizing. It is perfect for face care: thanks to the essential oil of rosewood, it promotes blood circulation and brightens your complexion! It is also ultra soft, nourishing and soothing, while promoting blood circulation. It is suitable for the most sensitive and reactive skin and brightens your complexion!
- The Outsider (oatmeal, honey and rosemary) : This soap is perfect and complete for face and body care. The oats gently exfoliate, removing impurities and dead skin cells. Honey, like oats, is a perfect ingredient to relieve itching, accelerate healing and provide comfort and moisture to the skin. Rosemary essential oil stimulates, rebalances sebum production and revitalizes dull and mature skin. The mixed scent of honey and rosemary makes the smell of this soap absolutely exquisite!
In addition to cleansing your face with the right type of soap for your skin, don't forget the rest of your skincare routine! After cleansing, apply a hydrosol to moisturize the skin, calm irritation and restore radiance to the complexion. Finally, apply a serum to nourish, moisturize and protect your skin!